- October 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
- October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the James Fitzpatrick Auditorium, Kernersville Elementary School, 512 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284.
- Truvy Jones is in her late 30s to 40s and owns a hair salon that is the setting for the play. It is clear that she is vain because of the references she makes about how there is no natural beauty.
- Annellle Dupuy-Desotoe is thought to be 18 or 25. She is new in town and began to work for Truvy, because of her need for money. Annelle is a shy and creative individual.
- Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie is the youngest female in the play (approximately 17-21 years old). She is the daughter of M’Lynn Eatenton. She is about to get married to Jackson Latcherie.
- Ouiser Bourdeaux is an older woman in her late 50s to early 60s. She is seen as bitter and annoyed most of the time. In her life, the things she values the most are her dog, Rhett, and her property.
- M’Lynn Eatenton is the mother of Shelby and two sons, Tommy and Jonathan. She is around 40 years old. She is also the wife of Drum Eatenton, who she believes is crazy.
- Clairee Belcher is the widow of a mayor and the owner of the local radio station. She is seen to be in her late 50s to 60s like Ouiser. She is known for her smart mouth and sweet tooth.
Take the Stage!
At KLT, we conduct open auditions and welcome anyone in the community to have the opportunity to “take the stage”. Auditions are generally held three to four months prior to the show’s production dates. Details of upcoming auditions will be communicated on our Facebook page, through email blasts and on our website.
For information on preparing for your audition and what to expect when auditioning at Kernersville Little Theatre, please scroll to the bottom of this page. We want to make sure you make the most of your audition experience.
*Audition Form – Our audition form is now available here for you to download. Please bring 3 copies with you to auditions! This will speed up the process.
*Age Range – Look for the character descriptions and any minimum age requirements in each audition notice.
We want you to get the most out of your audition with KLT. Below are some general guidelines about our audition process and tips on preparing for your audition.
*Experience – You don’t need any experience to audition, or even to get a great part at Kernersville Little Theatre. We get people with lots of experience and some with none at all. All that is required is an interest in performing and a willingness to commit!
*What to Bring – You will be asked to identify any conflicts that you will have starting with the audition dates and running through the last performance, so bring your calendar. If you have a resume showing your performing experience, you can bring that, but most people don’t. We will ask you to fill out an audition form with your contact information and experience.
*What to Wear – Always wear comfortable clothes and shoes – NO SANDALS OR FLIP FLOPS, especially if you are auditioning for a musical. If you are an experienced dancer you may want to bring your specialty dance shoes.
*What to Prepare – The audition for non-musicals will consist of reading from the script. You do not have to prepare anything, but it can be helpful to have read or seen the play ahead of time so that you are familiar with what is going on in the script. Individual directors may ask you to participate in some improvisations or theatre exercises, but don’t let that intimidate you – we’re here to have fun and to learn more about you!
If you are auditioning for a musical, you will also need to be prepared to sing a song. You should bring a rehearsed song as well as the piano accompaniment. The accompanist will be seeing your music for the first time, so don’t worry if they don’t play it perfectly – just do your best! The Music Director will probably also ask you to sing some scales to understand your vocal range.
Musical auditions may also include a simple dance routine. The choreographer will give you some dance steps to do in a group to evaluate your basic ability.
*Most Important – Relax and have fun! And don’t be afraid to ask questions if anything isn’t clear to you. KLT is all about creating opportunities for you to get experience on and off stage. Come PLAY with us!