Show Dates and Times
- November 12, 13, 19, 20, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
- November 14, 21, 2021 at 2 p.m.
Audition Dates and Times
- October 4, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
- October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the James Fitzpatrick Auditorium, Kernersville Elementary School, 512 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284.
Tickets can be purchased online through Thundertix or at the door on the day of the performance. All ticket prices include NC sales tax.
- Adults – $15
- Senior (60+) – $13
- Student – $13
About the Show
In November, we continue our season with Steel Magnolias in Truvy’s salon in Chinquapin, Louisiana, the go-to place for a beauty fix with a hearty side of gossip. Along with her overeager assistant Annelle, Truvy pampers her small-town clients with hairdos, manicures and all kinds of unsolicited advice. Anybody who’s anybody is a regular: There’s the doting M’Lynn and her soon-to-be-married daughter, Shelby, the moody Ouiser and the well-to-do widow Clairee. Through witty banter and wisecracks, this hodgepodge group of women form friendships as strong as steel, which they are forced to lean on when tragedy strikes.
- Pam Barrans
- Truvy Jones is in her late 30s to 40s and owns a hair salon that is the setting for the play. It is clear that she is vain because of the references she makes about how there is no natural beauty.
- Annellle Dupuy-Desotoe is thought to be 18 or 25. She is new in town and began to work for Truvy, because of her need for money. Annelle is a shy and creative individual.
- Shelby Eatenton-Latcherie is the youngest female in the play (approximately 17-21 years old). She is the daughter of M’Lynn Eatenton. She is about to get married to Jackson Latcherie.
- Ouiser Bourdeaux is an older woman in her late 50s to early 60s. She is seen as bitter and annoyed most of the time. In her life, the things she values the most are her dog, Rhett, and her property.
- M’Lynn Eatenton is the mother of Shelby and two sons, Tommy and Jonathan. She is around 40 years old. She is also the wife of Drum Eatenton, who she believes is crazy.
- Clairee Belcher is the widow of a mayor and the owner of the local radio station. She is seen to be in her late 50s to 60s like Ouiser. She is known for her smart mouth and sweet tooth.
James Fitzpatrick Auditorium
512 West Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284
For the 7:30 p.m shows, the lobby doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the auditorium will open at 7 p.m. For the 2 p.m. shows, the lobby doors will open at 1 p.m. and the auditorium will open at 1:30 p.m.